We’re looking for an admitted attorney, to work as an extremely promising Associate Criminal Defense Attorney position within a premier law firm with lots of room for growth. This is an opportunity for a dedicated Associate Attorney to gain valuable experience and further their career with a established firm in the Indianapolis area. As the Associate Criminal Defense Attorney, you will report to the Managing Criminal Defense Attorney. The Associate Attorney will manage their caseload, as well as client interaction, and can collaborate with our wonderful Criminal Defense.
Trial attorneys are assigned cases by the managing attorney and are responsible for communications with court and prosecution, reviewing discovery, litigating discovery production, motions, and trial. The trial attorney will work with other attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants to litigate cases. Successful candidates possess felony jury trial, preliminary hearing, substantive motion, and post-conviction experience.
Qualifications for an Associate Criminal Defense Attorney
- Be committed to criminal defense, protecting the rights of those accused, and fighting for excellent results
- Prepare for hearings in advance, research potential issues, draft appropriate motions, and take a proactive approach to reach positive resolutions
- Guide the clients clearly and provide competent strategic advice
- Help manage the legal division – assisting in training and guiding Junior Attorneys with cases and delegating tasks to administrative staff
- Lead case management meetings – providing insight, direction, and strategy for all cases in the firm
- Advocate for and secure the best possible outcome for clients
- Submit motions and other filings on time – meeting internal and external deadlines
- Arrive at work and court on time in professional and appropriate attire
- Maintain a good rapport with our clients and treat them with respect
- Fully participate in quarterly goal setting and performance reviews
- Participate in ongoing training as required by the Firm